Thursday, January 26, 2012

Clean studio, ready for company

 "Picking Up the Pieces", collage of remnants from severe rains, leaky roof.  This piece is in the "Weathering It Out" exhibit main gallery at Studio Place Arts.  Though the collage was done quite a few years ago, I had to take it apart, clean, and reassemble.  It seemed right for the theme.
 yes, my studio has also been reassembled and cleaned up to be more inviting for visitors.  The reception for all three shows at SPA is tomorrow.  Of course the weather may make it difficult for the crowds to come, but I will fight my way there and "weather it out".
 My whole month has been a shifting of my paintings and I have way too many paintings.  I really do hope someone impulsively just has to claim one or two.  It was such a collage to put this wall together, but I always learn from the relationships between paintings...all part of the dance.
 Both Maine but done a too very different times.  The 2 together seem greater than in their comparison.
 This little stack, all paintings not chosen for the restaurant show...Kathy chose the more abstract pieces.
 Except for the 2 on lower left, these are all so landscape.  Such a learning for me to see them all together....in such tight relationship.
and my last little painting, 9x12, is coming along.  It's been quite a week and it's not over yet.  i do have some snow images to post, but that will have to wait until after the reception.  Oh, shucks, I think I was supposed to bake cookies tonight....maybe not.....

5 comments:

Altoon Sultan said...

The studio looks wonderful, full of energy and color. Have a great opening tonight!

Maggie Neale said...

Thanks Altoon, always a pleasure to get your comments. I hear there is going to be Italian music and food with Lund's show. Ought to be a memorable evening.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Wow the walls look great! I enjoyed the tour and hope you get some 'live' ones on the open studio. I like the way you have hung the work salon style and the groupings are strong...good luck!

Maggie Neale said...

Mary Ann, wish you could see it for real, but so glad you enjoyed the tour via site here. yes, salon style; I am using all the space I can reach by chair and table climb while I can still climb. helps me see what I have been doing.

ArtPropelled said...

Loving the group of paintings in the right corner of your studio. You've certainly been busy!