Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving!
Originally uploaded by colormuse

It is a time to remember to be thankful. As the days shorten and darken, as the winds blow cold, and the garden is mostly gone for the season, as the leaves scatter and the ground hardens and the furnace uses precious oil, we must remember to be thankful. It has been a year of many stories, and there is bounty to laden the table. There are candles to light and friends to invite into laughter and play. I remember our tradition of Wednesday night holiday prep so I called my Mama to thank her for all she has taught me; we shared laughter, and now I'm off to the kitchen to get that pie in the oven.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Altoon Sultan said...

It is a time to be grateful for all we have. Thanks Maggie,for lovely thoughts, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Maggie Neale said...

Thanks Altoon, You also!

helen said...

Lovely image.