Friday, February 26, 2010

Veils of Memory


Veils of Memory
Originally uploaded by colormuse

Where am I going with this one? Sometimes when a painting begins strong, it is harder to find resolution. I can't just go back in and work it all out because a story is already in process and I don't want to crash it. Waiting, giving it more vision time in different realms....so I take the image and make it smaller, toss it out to others for comments. Sylvie takes her paintings into photoshop and paints over them. I haven't quite got there yet. Contemplating the veils.

Just went to see a great movie...AT THE STATION about Tolstoy at end of his life, 1910, 100 years ago! Helen Mirren and Christopher Plummer were both fantastic. Chewing it around in my mind.

My son Jonah is bringing over a cat tomorrow he thinks I ought to meet and take on...what a set up!

4 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This movie is next on our list...those two actors must have had great energy...I saw the preview and it looked super.
Art piece is strong...I agree it is hard when it has a strong direction. The shapes really sit well in the space.
the word verification is 'create' rarely is it a real word...good omen!

nancy neva gagliano said...

speaking of veils...just finishin a book STILL ALICE...and thought of your recent journey with your mom to arizona story.

clever sylvie..i'd read about her great idea with photoshop!

Maggie Neale said...

"Create"--wonderful word verification. Hope it is a good omen for us both! I also like that the shapes sit well in the space....good way to put it, Mary Ann.
The Last Station is the correct name....yes, they were powerful together!

Maggie Neale said...

Neva, I came across Still Alice last summer and so enjoyed that book. Passed it on to sister in AZ who has taught speech and language...knew it would speak to her also.