Saturday, May 28, 2011

My eyes are seeing pink!

 Life has pulled me off in many directions...away from the computer.  A beautiful morning several days ago pulled me into the yard with the camera.  I had just purchased this begonia for the basket which hangs every summer off the front porch..such a beauty!
 My tulips have returned from last year.  I had to wrap them in chicken wire so the deer didn't feast upon them.  What a color study they are for me.
 These bleeding hearts were awarded to me when i resigned from the board of a local art community center, SPA, which I help to found.  They happily return and thrive over the grave of Wishie, wonderful cat friend.
 Ah!  Apple blossoms!  Always awaited in this yard, which is north faced and slower to come into bloom than lower locations.  I was happy to capture these in my camera lens before the raging weather came through.  Hail and winds, torrential rains which rushed screaming water down our hill and through our basement.  We were bailing at midnight to save the appliances down there.  The blossoms were gone the next day.
This daffodil stands still but a bit ragged.

The lilacs all are bent over so heavy with the water as it holds to all the petals....they are browning and finishing their glory days.  We wait so long for the flowers and it all happens so quickly.  They open to bloom and then pass on.....
on to the next blooming glory.  The iris are opening!
Some flowering is not a happy expectation.  When this rhubarb started to flower I was so entranced with its evolution I couldn't cut it off even though I remembered it was not good for the stalks.  For some reason it withstood the storms and had to be removed by force.
Strawberry blossoms already...oh, my!  And what am I doing still up and trying to type and think.  I have a very early morning as I have to make 2 frittatas to feed the indiginous grandmothers who are newly arrived to town.  This will be their first breakfast with us as they take 3 days rest before the 3 day celebration and conference, workshops on healing the water, plant medicine, intercultural peacemaking and others.  I've put paintings in their lounge where we will be serving breakfast....oh, so soon....
My only day in the studio this past week...I painted screens to be used as decoration in some of the outside venues.  This one I pulled from the plastic too soon...might have to repaint.  All an experiment.
healing the earth...mother nature has been acting out in her rage to get our attention.  I hope we all work on her healing with the grandmothers, brought to us by www.councilofallbeings.org.
  Blessings to all who make their way to the end of this ramble and appreciations to all who make their presence known to me through comments.  Connections count.

5 comments:

Judy Shreve said...

Maggie what a beautiful post! I love spring and the re-awakening of all the perennials. Your garden is lovely. Love the screen paintings too.
Enjoy the grandmothers visit.

Altoon Sultan said...

ah, spring, it's finally arrived. Thanks for the lovely photos of blooms in the garden, wanted or not. I agree with Judy that the screen painting is wonderful and will be a delightful decoration.

Maggie Neale said...

Hi Judy and Altoon, the frittatas came out well and were so appreciated by the grandmothers who had been eating hotel food in Alaska for 10 days. They are incredible women, heartfelt and generous. I'll be studying with them for several days. I'll take photos of our art decorating there....

San said...

Such lush blossomings. On all the levels, Maggie.

Maggie Neale said...

Thanks San for your visit here. Hurray to lush blossomings!