Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Unravel of the Magic Carpet


The Unravel of the Magic Carpet
Originally uploaded by colormuse

I finally made it to the studio and could work on this painting...such fun to be painting again ( embedded fabrics come alive, 18x24 approx), but so short lived because this week after the guests left I really had to get ready for the Lake Region Arts Festival in Meredith, NH. It's only 2 days, with a very early morning set up. Bruce and I will go over on Friday hopefully with all we need to create a 10x10 booth with sides, and work to fill it. I am busy making that work, weaving, sewing, ironing. I do well under pressure and can make things happen. Today i sewed a couple of items I had hoped to get to several months ago and it took the approach of this craft show to get them created. So why am I spending time with this blog....just not quite ready to lay myself down yet I guess.  Besides I must mend the magic carpet which keeps unraveling.

Be well, folks, find inspiration, enjoy the last few days of August.

7 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This is a great composition and color layout. I am taken with the movement and balance going on...you have come back to painting with a roar! Enjoy NH and all that is involved in an art festival...good sales!

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I really like this one - a lot. I agree with Mary Ann.

Altoon Sultan said...

The color of this painting is so rich; it seems to be looking forward to Fall. Beautiful.

Maggie Neale said...

Oh, Mary Ann, Leslie and Altoon....such a pleasure to hear your words. I've been working on this for several sessions this summer, but the balance has just taken place...yes, and colors are looking forward to fall. I like that. And I am looking forward to more days in the studio when this potential fair selling time is over. Fall is my season on many levels and here it comes.

Jeane Myers said...

wonderful painting Maggie! so well done :)

Maggie Neale said...

Thanks Jean, like that hat!

sophie munns said...

Well maggie,
I just had a catch up and read about 4 posts...
you have had a very busy time Maggie.

Liked the pics of your family... the sons and the yurt.... and the studio apartment came in handy!

And youve managed to be creative and are gearing up for something....well done you!

best,
Sophie