Friday, May 28, 2010

VT Open Studio Weekend signs


VT Open Studio Weekend signs
Originally uploaded by Blue Roof Designs

When I saw Elissa Campbell's photo on www.flickr.com, I had to blog with it. Open Studio Weekend is getting a good name for itself in Vermont and many artists/craftspeople open their studios to viewers. Seeing the work where it is made with the maker present adds greatly to the craft. Since I don't have the right studio situation for viewers, I tend to go on the road to visit. The yellow signs are sure to take you to someplace memorable on the back country roads.

Instead of having my studio open, I am boxing all supplies and moving them from one studio (residency) to a large classroom in a 100 year old school in the neighboring town. My son is helping as I will be on the third floor and there is no elevator. It will be a schlep for sure. Must get back to packing.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend whatever you do.

3 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

good morning Maggie - I have to say, there is always something going on in your neighborhood!

Blue Roof Designs said...

Thanks for featuring my picture - I'm honored! :)

Elissa

Maggie Neale said...

Well Elissa, it's a good one! Thanks to you. Yes, once the short "summer" hits, everyone comes out to play!