Friday, January 29, 2010

Swimming on the Surface


Swimming on the Surface
Originally uploaded by colormuse

New art supplies , especially when they have been freely given and are unknown, call for experimentation. The yupo paper is actually not a paper, but plastic with a slick surface which lets the paint move around and not sink into the fibers. Well, there aren't any fibers...ha! I did this one on Wed and had to leave it wet and still shifting. Quite intriguing, but I haven't figured out how best to use it yet. Play is important and I will be doing some playing in the next few days before I take off to transition my Mama to Tucson. Yes, I will have a few days in the warmth which will be so welcomed. Below zero here now with fierce winds.

This piece is 113x18 approx...more to be posted later.

No comments: