Saturday, October 24, 2009

Relic


Relic
Originally uploaded by
colormuse

Ah! A Relic of the past. This palette assemblage--fabrics, leather, wire, wood, and a fabulous figure purchased in Paris who decries his story at the thumbhole of the palette--resurfaced to haunt me tonight. Hundreds of wooden palettes were decked out as a Vermont Arts Council challenge a couple of years back. This piece never really got its due so tonight it has claimed my attention again. I find I am intrigued by the odd surface or shape or theme of a show; then I dive into creation and enjoy it, maybe broadening my capabilities, but doesn't it take me off my focused path of the work I need to do, like a body of paintings...into which these oddities do not fit. Always questions.

Today I was working on a fresh website, looking for images I couldn't find, finding others I didn't know what to do with.

4 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

hello Maggie - well, call me stupid - I just made the connection between your flickr persona and your blog persona - what did that take? a couple of months? egads! oh, I hope artspan works out for you - I'm so pleased with it - very interesting palette here - love the textures :)

Maggie Neale said...

Oh, Jeane, wow! Did I really come off as 2 people? Art-exchange got after me, which led me to artspam as they spoke of scam with A-e. So I am building the site with them and 2 slides to Miami Basil with A-e, but want site up and running for this in Dec...being abed s keeping me on the computer! Can't wait to paint again!

Jeane Myers said...

oh, no, not you - it just takes me a long time to put two and two together about anything - somehow my DNA doesn't connect the dots very well - hope your ankle is healing and you are able to get back to your painting! I finished a piece today, uploaded it to flickr, decided it wasn't working, deleted it and then went out and tore the piece in half - ah, much better - I had two different paintings and just didn't know it right away xxo

Maggie Neale said...

Jeane, sometimes seeing paintings in a different venue or even reversed can be enlightening. 2 out 1, that's good! And your DNA connects some dots very well, as seen in your painting process. Enjoy your creative bounding.