Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Break Free

When I pulled this exercise from the pile, I felt the breaking free...the one sketch was covered by a creamy latex and then scratched through with abandon....breaking free, and I realized in looking at it that one of my goals this summer was to break free of some of the barriers placed upon my art by teachers in the past, by what ought to be. I want to find new territories within myself, new discoveries.

Because my friend Lisa is departing in a few days to return to Paris, I have scheduled an almost impromptu gathering with food, art, music, and fine free thinking humans. The yurt is ready to be celebrated and quite a few paintings are on display in the front building, the garden is producing and the river is low enough to swim without the fear of being rapidly swept downstream. Time to party! Wish you all could be here. Maybe next time...

Love this quote by Hans Hoffman "A work of art is a world in itself reflecting senses and emotions of the artist's world.

2 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Great quote...I'm a Hans Hoffman fan.
Wow, Have a most wonderful summer party...taking photos will be a great chance to see the fun and the river!

Maggie Neale said...

Wasn't a photo time...great time, but I played the active interactive part, not the behind the lens viewer.
There were a couple of great shots, but the camera was not within reach and then darkness settled and the candles were lit...the Beatles "When I'm 64" had a different affect on us than it used to. We are there or heading there.