Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rejuve nation






Bruce and I are carving out a small niche at Camp Meade with our cabin, the garden, and now the yurt is coming up. It is our rejuve nation and we do feel rejuvenation when we make our way there and spend some time. Some days I drag out painting supplies into the air as the cabin is not a place of light and air. Mostly I have been preparing surfaces hoping the day of clear inspiration will come to me...sometimes the surfaces get several layers before the painting comes through. I was working with yellow--the color of courage-- and the words "trying to be brave" kept coming to me until they found their way onto a flag. We planted a garden where a cabin had been uprooted. Soil is undernourished, but with so much rain to keep that sandy soil moist, crops are coming in. The zucchini is lovely and the arugula we are letting go to seed for the next crop. This writing was interrupted with a call from Ruth, friend from high school who is visiting from her home in Ashdod, Israel. We have invited her and her spouse to visit, so cleaning is in order and these pictures will have to speak the promised 1000 words.

2 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

It all looks like summer at the cabin! I imagine the days are long and the mood is good. A garden, flags and the beginnings of a yurt...summer fun for sure.

Maggie Neale said...

Thanks Mary Ann, I am enjoying your tales of summer flowers...so fine to have summer again!