Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shifting of the masses


When I began this painting in March a few years ago, the river was breaking and the worry of flooding was on everyone's mind. I visioned the ice jams breaking and the river flowing and I painted...the river did break and there was no flooding. With paint mixed and urging me to apply it to a canvas this past week, this painting jumped into my hands and the river became more like the earth which is still so very buried in depths of snow and earth tones came upon the river and the shifting of the lands moved my soul. Amazing what can happen to the soul while one is painting! When I posted this to flickr someone felt the peace here with this painting. Is there peace in the shifting of the masses? I wish to think that maybe there is. I am fond of hope.

No comments: