Sunday, March 3, 2013

Photos hold the memories

 Finally I am getting photos from IPhone into computer and the visions bring back some wonderful memories.  Martha took us to one of her favorite places southeast of Tucson in the Dragoon Mountains where the Amerind Museum has a holding of sacred ground.  We had the place to ourselves; just a sign which says "Please respect the privacy of rattlesnakes."  I could have stayed for much longer, maybe all day and drawn.  I did one quick sketch, but mostly I took these photos.  Enjoy.







What a special place....full of spirit.

3 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I can see how these rock formations would speak to you...beautiful place!

Unknown said...

Those rattlers have a beautiful homeland! These are magical shots. I love them. Somewhere I'll be trying to conjure up as I drift off tonight.

Maggie Neale said...

Thanks Mary Ann and Annie. It is a magical place and yes, those rocks rock my soul and appear to my paint.