Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Beginnings; Winter Sightings

 Hurrah!  New year and I found my way to the studio and laid some new paint on a clean palette and began to paint again.  I have missed painting so, but when woven scarves and hats are in demand and silk scarves are selling, it is hard to put saleable work aside to explore painting.  But I have made enough money to buy a ticket to go visit my mama again and to buy new paints.  Hurrah, I say again!
 But I also took some time out to retreat into the mountains of Vermont to "hang out" with a couple of friends, almost sisters and the day was glorious but surprisingly cold.  My camera still had some juice and my eye was catching some sightings.
 We did 4 wheelbarrows of wood for the stoves, but check out the garden gear hanging so fine; I kept noticing it as we waked by and had to lag behind to snap a few shots.
 But then we could walk, bundled against the cold, but pleased to be taking it all in.
 Snow and shapes; white against neutral
 I think I am observing differently this year.  All these buildings and vehicles...hmmm...
 But maybe it was just the day, and the sun, and the cold;  sometimes I couldn't push the button with my gloves on...
 Could I really aim my camera toward the 3 of us and capture us together?...almost...!
One last image...the gazebo waiting for a spring or summer day to pull us inside....

2 comments:

Altoon Sultan said...

I love the new painting, Maggie, its color and its transparencies; very beautiful.

Maggie Neale said...

Hi Altoon, it's a detail of 24x30, so much fun to mix the colors and let transparency be seen, but will it stay as I work on the painting another day? Thanks for your words!