Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dreams when the Snow Covers the River




Dreams when the Snow Covers the River
Originally uploaded by colormuse

This painting was done before I left on the trip but it was only on my return that I could get a photo of it which seemed to speak appropriately of the painting and even then it doesn't speak of the size it. (36x30)  Winter is such a white season here. I am trying to come to grips with white. I used to feel that anything white ought to be colored like the forms in my coloring books from my childhood. I am just recently enjoying the variations of white and painting them is part of my discovery process.

 The second day of spring and more snow falls covering all.  It is easier to bear when beauty is seen in this whiteness.


 I could hear this flocks of birds...seeking nourishment in the surprise snowfall.  Are they truly robins with all the white under belly?
They held my wonder for such a lengthy time in their flighty game among the branches.

This chair has been one of our snow measures.
Yes, I am weaving again and yes, they are an experiment in white. 

6 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I adore white, so my eye was immediately drawn to this painting. Wonderful.

Unknown said...

More snow for you. These are beautiful shots. I'm remembering how beautiful it was here, when I didn't need to go anywhere! I think we are climbing into Spring, and I'm so relieved!

Altoon Sultan said...

This is a lovely meditation on white, which the painting also successfully explores.
I hope, though, that we will soon be surrounded by new greens.

Maggie Neale said...

Hello Leslie...your lovely neutral collages have been a good study for me.

Hello Annie, can hardly wait til these shots are only a memory for me. We do pay our dues for the beauty of Vermont.

Hello Altoon, yes, a meditation on white. Attitude does make such a difference. Here's to new green for the next meditation!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

White on white on white...subtle variations of colors in your weaving. Here my eyes fall on so much color that resting in variations of white is a good thing. Happy weaving.

Maggie Neale said...

Hi Mary Ann...so nice to know you are visiting...the flowers are blooming in CA?