Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bars and Angles

New work just beginning--collage of silks and paper, embedded on canvas with wax.  12x12.  Already this piece has moved from this,  Paint was added this morning when I dropped in for a quick visit after getting my blood drawn early,,,breaking my fast with coffee and a breakfast sandwich as I conceived my path for paint.  I am loving having space to view from a distance.  I hope I am not sorry that I no longer have this layer so exposed as it lays semi buried beneath paint.....
This beginning layer didn't find added paint today, but it was good to have a bit of conversation with it.  I see my stairs appearing and blue seems to sooth me.
And stairs I have.  This is our fire escape.  I am trying to become more comfortable with them.  They are at my door to air and I really do like making exits to air in my working process.
The afternoon sun has made its presence felt on our western door.  Yep, that's me.
When we got home today from an afternoon at Yestermorrow doing the punch list for the yurt Bruce and his class made this past weekend ( more on that tomorrow) I needed to find the sun again.  I climbed the stone steps to the upper garden and was happy to find this view of the lupin with the house in the background.  Peaceful, warm, yes, garden work tried to pull my attention, but instead Echo, the cat came to sit in my lap.  AHHHH!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the shot of your shadow. It doesn't look like a photo - more like you chiselled away at the wood.

Maggie Neale said...

And if I had chiseled away at the wood, would that be any more believeable? Thanks for your visit, Annie.

San said...

I had the same take on the shadow photo as Annie. Great image! Maybe it's the weathered surface of the door that creates this wonderful effect.

And I always love stealing a glimpse at your works in progress.

Maggie Neale said...

San, good to see you here. Glad you like the process shots.