Friday, February 5, 2010

Viewing MFA Residency at Vermont College of Fine Arts


Grabbing a few minutes to get of a bit of a post up tonight of these shots from the MFA Residency.  Each student returns 3 or 4 times a year and puts up their work.  Amazing to wander through the rooms and let your eyes fall on what catches them.  Some of the work is so conceptual, I felt I was missing the point, some wasn't intriguing at all, but others held my attention and prompted the camera.  All is student work and I didn't take the time to write down the names.  So little painting that when I came to painting display, I had to photograph the whole section.
This is a section of Brian who works at Fort Can in the back studio.  He is part of the MFA program.  He does these drawings and then cuts them up, reassembles.  He was cutting and doing more reassembling while the work was on exhibit.  I love a good tear edge!

Well, this is rather disjointed.  I am in the midst of packing to take off tomorrow to help get my Mama settled in Alzheimer facility in Tucson.  I'm feeling some apprehension about travel, bag size for carry-on, and Mama's mood as we travel.  Yes, preoccupied, it is true.  Can you tell?

2 comments:

sophie munns said...

Hi Maggie,

sounds like you have had a difficult time of late... not just woth your mother but also the hacker situation. have been awa for a while...so missed out on what happened.
You take care...and enjoy being back in the studio soon!
Sophie

Maggie Neale said...

Thanks Sophie--to be back in my studio will indeed be a good thing! Aiming for a visit there today, for my heart's salve.