Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fort Can studio

Even with the best intentions, it is hard to keep up with photos, posting, painting, and words. My studio is simple and messy already, but it calls to me daily. I haven't been taking photos, just running over for some painting time. Yesterday my son Jonah, almost 31, called in sick from work and called me for mom time. I picked him up and brought him over for miso soup which tasted good to him, as well as the banana bread which went fast. I finished up a website update for our gallery and an ad for our film festival, and then I left him to finish the movie as loud as he wanted and I went to the studio, Ah! Small pieces, small recuperative energy, then I went home to make a healing dinner for the 3 of us. Today I went back to weaving as stores are in need of restocking after the Christmas push. Gotta keep making that which sells until I figure out how to make paintings sell, since I live on what money comes in from the "art" and it doesn't come easily for sale of paintings...yet... My end of day painting time today was blissful; I didn't even think about the howling winter just outside my door. What an escape painting is! A joy!

2 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

There you are...family calls, snow falling but there you are when you can ... in the studio painting! Much joy in the art making days ahead!

Maggie Neale said...

Thanks, Mary Ann, a reminder to myself.