Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rust and Rough


Rust and Rough
Originally uploaded by
colormuse

Located some acrylics and painted some gift boxes for my scarves but couldn't stop once I had some paints going and I grabbed a very "unfinished" pieces. This one is small and layered with fabrics, paint, wax, and oil pastel. Feeling more finished now and getting some distance from it by taking the image and seeing it on the scene, makes me more convinced that it has found resolve.

I am looking forward to moving into a new studio at the beginning of the year....Hurrah! It is close by, walking distance, high ceiling, and light seems sufficient. I felt my energy expand when I entered the room...so here's hoping.....

5 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

this is just yummy with texture and color - oh, so excited for you and new studio space on the horizon! early Christmas present :)

Altoon Sultan said...

Your rich use of texture is wonderful, and somehow connected to your work with textiles.

Congrats on the new studio!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I'm a big fan of these colors and the texture is terrific!
Congratulations on new studio space!

Bruce Sargent said...

Nice work...I got here under feedjit's favorite Montpelier Blogs...interesting route...

Maggie Neale said...

Thanks all for coming to visit. I'm taking a break from baking and nice to find your visits. Happy Solstice!