Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snow Frog

Sometimes I wonder how I get into things....I wondered yesterday when I gathered with Georgia in front of a huge block of snow which had our names on it. This was part of Barre's Winter carnival and we had decided we ought to round up the SPA founders team to work together again. When we agreed, we did not realize the size of our block or that it would be 10 degrees when I left home. But the sun shone, Georgia had made a model of a frog in clay and wonderful ice eyes, we had some tools including the 2 handled crosscut saw, a relic, and a challenge is something we had taken on before.....we started roughing out our shape and once we got started, we were engaged. Janet showed up when a roughed out frog was before us, Eva came to cheer us on and take our photo but she had a cold and Nancy was so sick with her cold that we didn't even see her....Elizabeth brought us tasty snacks and a spray bottle. Janet did the front leg, I took on a back leg and the back smoothing, Georgia was colder in the shadow with the other leg. The eyes slid in nicely, spots worked with an ice cream scoop and he began to talk to us as he sat upon his rock in Currier park and we called it quits when we heard that pizza had arrived at the Library! 4 hours! and I wasn't even cold!

4 comments:

Eva said...

Nice pictures Maggie! Also, I like the way you tell a story. Hopefully we'll have another reason to get together soon. Best - Eva

Maggie Neale said...

Oh Eva, thank you for stopping by and leaving me a note! Feels really good to be on this side of our snow carving....a relief!

Sylvie Van Hulle said...

Hi Maggie, thanks for your comment on my blog and the support.
These pictures look fun!
Thanks for sharing them :-)
I've become a fan of you on facebook ;-)

Maggie Neale said...

Nice! Thanks Sylvie for becoming my fan on facebook! I'll go check it out.